Friday 11 May 2012

Daily Quote

Fashion fades, only style remains the same.
-Coco Chanel


Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel


This is my all time favourite quote because it epitomizes what a great designer should aim for. There's no point chasing trends. Like the stock market no one can really predict what will happen. But at least in fashion one can always rely on timeless style to guide them.








For anyone who doesn't know these are those great pants of the 60's and 70's hippie culture. These pants were most definitely a fashion that has faded.We now know these pants in the more toned down version of the boot cut, however, even boot cut can be seen as a throw back in todays fashion scene, with skinny jeans dominating the street fashion.  


This is the second part of the quote. To pay homage to Chanel and her quote I chose an outfit by Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel. This outfit is timeless and is style in it's purest form. Unlike bell bottoms this outfit will be fashionable forever without truly being "fashionable"






http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/c/coco_chanel.html#ig42QwHLXKwMer7J.99
*This is one of the places I get my quotes

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what your thoughts are! I will do my best to visit your blog.
I speak english, french, and a little spanish.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin